William F. Saya, an Audit Partner and Co-Leader of the Real Estate Practice Group, has been with Berdon LLP for more than 25 years. He has extensive accounting and auditing experience in various real estate and related industries and service companies including self-storage, restaurants, and professional service firms. In addition to providing GAAP and income tax basis auditing and financial reporting services, he advises on operations, internal controls, and the sales and acquisitions of businesses. Bill also advises his high net worth clients on both their business and personal wealth needs.
His specific experience includes:
- Providing accounting and tax services, including cash flow analysis, tax projections, and special-purpose reports
- Advising clients on structuring and reviewing various types of financing arrangements
- Guiding start-up and growing businesses on various accounting and tax issues
- Reviewing and evaluating leasing arrangements to realize cost savings
- Planning and supervising audits
- Reviewing internal controls to identify and mitigate risks
PROFESSIONAL MEMBERSHIP AND ACTIVITIES
American Institute of Certified Public Accountants
New York State Society of Certified Public Accountants
EDUCATION AND LICENSES
Bill received a bachelor’s degree in accounting from SUNY-New Paltz. He was licensed as a certified public accountant in New York in 1996.