Robert M. Sattler is an Audit Partner who has been with the firm for more than three decades. With an in-depth knowledge of financial reporting, auditing, and accounting, he serves as a member of Berdon’s Quality Review Committee. In this role, he is responsible for the technical review of all reports produced by the firm before they are issued. Bob works with privately held investment companies, hedge funds, and hedge fund managers as well as with clients in the broker dealer, manufacturing, real estate, retail, and insurance industries.
His expertise encompasses:
- Preparing and reviewing cash flows and financial projections to evaluate profitability
- Working with management to implement business plans
- Implementing operational audits to increase efficiency
- Evaluating internal controls to prevent or detect noncompliance
- Facilitating discussions with management to develop succession plans to ensure family/owner-managed
- Structuring acquisitions to minimize tax payments and increase savings
- Performing due diligence in purchase, sale, and merger transactions
- Advising clients in negotiating credit arrangements
- Devising estate planning strategies to maximize wealth
- Assisting in evaluating leasing arrangements
Bob applies his technical expertise in developing in-house training programs for partners and staff, updating them on general accounting issues and teaching them to analyze the impact these issues may have on business profitability. He has also performed peer reviews for other accounting firms.
PROFESSIONAL MEMBERSHIPS AND ACTIVITIES
American Institute of Certified Public Accountants
New York State Society of Certified Public Accountants
- Past Chairman of the Insurance Companies and Agencies Accounting Committee
- Member, Apparel and Textile Committee
- Past Member, Industry Oversight Committee
Bob was featured in Accounting Today, offering insights on International Financial Reporting Standards and in Crain’s New York Business on advising clients during difficult financial times. He has been quoted in Long Island Business News on the issue of CPA firm ownership and in The Trusted Professional on the financial challenges facing the apparel industry.
EDUCATION AND LICENSES
Bob received a Bachelor of Business Administration degree in accounting, magna cum laude, from Bernard M. Baruch College in 1974. In 1979, he obtained his license as a certified public accountant in New York.